Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Black History


This evening service at church was a Black History program. To learn all the things that was about our history and culture. To listen to the songs that helped people get through the trails and tribulations. The food that they ate and the food that have been made famous by the slaves. I can hear Dr. Kings I have a dream and Maya Angelo I rise up a thousand times and a I still get chills when I hear those words. Knowing that someone died trying to learn to read and write, the privilege that we have right now some one once died for the right . They song to the lord for help,We shall overcome,Climbing Jacob latter. Sometime the songs popup in my head and i have said free at last thank God almighty I'm free at last .The words have the same meaning as for before. And there was a mini museum , here are some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment